Tuesday, May 23, 2006

You Can Help Palestinians Right Now


As I am working on my latest post I came across this and wanted to put this up as soon as possible.

ACTION ALERT: Don't Let the House Impose Sanctions on the Palestinians!

When President Truman wrote his memoirs he answered why he had thrown his support behind the creation of a Jewish state in Palestine, despite his strong reservations, he said it was because none of his constituants where Palestinian.

Well, here's your chance to stop things from becoming worse!

4 comments:

Moses said...

I have been accused of being a pessimist, but given this terrible bit of legislation had nearly 300 co-sponsors (and the Americans have what, 435 members of their lower House?), this was unfortunately unstoppable.

Clearly the Democrats are not the alternative political party.

BHCh said...

Remind me,

What is wrong with not directing taxes to the Hamas Government? Don't you want it to fail quickly? I thought you wanted peace?

Moses said...

So the Americans believe in democracy only if those who vote vote for those the Americans like?

Hypocrites.

Osaid Rasheed said...

Shlemazel :

the money is going to the people not to the government.
Abu Issa ; I dont know how useful such appeals and demands to change or apply new rules in the states are.
maybe you have more xperience and could tell us more

good day